Saturday 17 October 2009

Gillian and Simon and one beautiful castle

I was very excited when Gillian contacted me about photographing her wedding at Durham Castle. It's part of the highly regarded Durham Univerity and one of my favourite venues in the North East. The actual ceremony took place at Hild and Bede Chapel and it was quite an emotional service. No photography was allowed so I was able to really pay attention to the words of the vicar and he certainly gave a personal and meaningful message to both Gillian and Simon. There was hardly a dry eye in the house.

Then after lots of very happy mingling we were off to the Castle and the weather was glorious! Unfortunately due to complications with guests transport we didn't have much time for photography at this majestic venue so I sprung into action and ensured that this loved up couple had some lovely memories to treasure.
The great hall in the castle is just beautiful and when dressed up for a wedding it's breathtaking! Gillians little touches were all over the places from the little jars to sweets for the children to the favours for the guests and it was obvious that everyone was have a fantastic time! Lots of happy guests = lots of happy smily photos = one happy photographer!!
Gillian and Simon are now back from their honeymoon and have told me they love their photos. I popped round the other night to drop off some thank you cards and saw many of them printed out ready to go in the album and it reminded me how rarely I get to see my work in print (except for albums of course) - they looked fab!!





1 comment:

Lakeland Jo said...

well done- as usual lovely shots