Wednesday 15 July 2009

The Teachings of Henry Aarvold

Last week I was fortunate enough to spend sometime with the very talented Henry Aarvold. Not only is he an amazing photographer but he is a lovely guy too. He is a great coach and gave me some valuable advice and generally pushed me to make better images...and spend more money on kit (wisely of course). I came away feeling really invigorated and motivated and hopefully my work will improve. As a photographer , standing still and getting stuck in a rut doesn't work. I want to create the best wedding images I can and I am always looking to learn a thing or two...or three. I owe it to all my lovely customers. And to myself of course! The images below are from my day with Henry - my daughter Christy and her friend Lynda were willing models and did everything asked of them. Thank you girls!
In October I am popping down to Manchester and attending another course with Brett Harkness. I've got my eye on a few others too as I don't intend on standing still!




1 comment:

Lakeland Jo said...

I love all these shots, especially the one with the water.